I’ve never thought of myself as particularly lovely (although David does mean “beloved”) but thank you, The Bumble Files, for nominating me. Because you are so awesome, I accept. She was the third person to follow my blog and is my number one commenter. Check out her blog.
Here are rules for the award as I have received them:
1. Thank the person who nominated me. (of course)
2. Share 7 things about myself that you still may not know. (see below)
3. Nominate 15 bloggers. (see below)
4. Notify the nominees that I have done so. (wouldn’t hurt)
5. Put the logo of the award on my blog site. (cool. Why not?)
So, here are seven things about me that you probably don’t know. Hmm, let’s see…
- For a period of time in high school, my signature included a tiny Viking ship.
- I once broke my thumb the first time down the ski slope. However, I didn’t want to miss skiing so I skied the whole day with a broken thumb.
- I use Greek letters for my initials (thus, my Gravatar), something which dates back to when I first studied Greek on my own in high school.
- My favorite Korean food is sundaegukbap, a spicy soup of pig organ meat and blood sausage. It is much better than it sounds, although some Koreans don’t even like it.
- I worked for 5 years in my college library as a book doctor, fixing books whose covers were falling off or that were coming apart or whatever. It was an awesome job.
- My favorite book is Lord of the Rings. I’ve read it about 20 times in 3 languages. I could never get tired of reading it.
- I used to blush very easily and even now I still do. I blush more than I’m actually embarrassed, so I feel like my face is betraying me sometimes.
I have only been blogging for a short time, but already I have met and enjoyed reading a lot of interesting, intelligent, funny people. Here are a few that I think are lovely bloggers. Go read their thoughts.
Thanks again for reading, everyone!
July 21st, 2012 at 10:04 pm
Congrats. A book doctor sounds a interesting job.
I watched the Lord of the Rings although I haven’t read it 20 times. 🙂
July 21st, 2012 at 10:16 pm
Greetings from Belgium!
Keep in touch
July 21st, 2012 at 10:45 pm
Wow. Thank you David! I’m new to the whole blogging thing, so this is awesome. 😀
July 21st, 2012 at 10:55 pm
Thanks so much for the award nod! Very kind of you to spread the “loveliness” around. The shout-out is much appreciated. 🙂
July 22nd, 2012 at 12:39 am
Your job sounds fun I wish I could have experience
and once thanks for nominating… 🙂
July 22nd, 2012 at 4:26 am
well done David. Not surprised you were nominated, you have a great blog.
July 22nd, 2012 at 4:43 am
I learned lots of interesting things about you! Thanks for sharing. You read the Lord of the Rings 20 times in 3 languages? Mind blowing. I don’t think I want to try that Korean dish though. I’ll have to take your word for it. 😉
July 22nd, 2012 at 4:55 am
Well done! Congrats, too!
July 22nd, 2012 at 2:49 pm
July 23rd, 2012 at 7:02 pm
thanks for this beautiful gift my amazing friend.
July 23rd, 2012 at 7:03 pm
you deserve it. 🙂
July 23rd, 2012 at 7:05 pm
you are sweet, generous and kind. thanks 🙂
July 29th, 2012 at 8:03 pm
thanks and congratulations..^^
August 17th, 2012 at 10:09 am
Congratulations on landing this nomination David. We all need some encouragement to keep us going and such recognition is always welcomed, I reckon.
Thank you David for nominating me. I’m kinda late in acknowleding this but as you are aware, was away.
All good wishes, Eric 🙂