This is the second call for story elements in a series I’m calling Open Prompts (I’m not entirely sure I like that name though, so if you have a better suggestion, let me know). The result of the first Open Prompts was my story “Klutz” and originolS’s story “$0.99 Only”.
If you have a suggestion for a story element, post it in the comments. It’s pretty open, but here are some examples:
– the title
– the genre (fantasy, mystery, horror, etc.)
– the tone (dark, humorous , serious, absurd, etc.)
– a character’s name or other details about them (just one character at a time, though)
– plot elements (e.g. a silver dagger, a rainstorm, identical twins, etc.)
– the length (something between 50 and 1500 words)
– anything else you feel like.
I’m going to use six story elements, suggesting the first one myself to get the ball rolling. I know everyone has their own blogging/writing schedule, but if you’d like to join me, I’d be thrilled to read your story based on the same story elements.
- The title is: “Saturday, 4am”
Have fun! Be creative! I’ll post the story this Friday.