An interesting thing about the Internet is that anonymity allows us to be whoever we want to be. We are all just personas and avatars that we choose. We can show as much or as little as we want, and ironically, this means that it is often easier to become close to people online.
Anyway, for most of the people who read this blog, I am a blue ball with a “ΔΣ” on it (my icon) and whatever you can construe of me from my writing. So, here’s a picture of me, to put a face with the words.
On another note, I received a nomination for the Leibster Blog award from I am Super Istar, for which I am honored, and I decided to do a post on it.
A) You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your blog.
B) You paste the award picture into your blog.
C) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees. Here’s what I wrote.
1) If you could marry one historical figure, who would it be?
2) Have you ever fallen asleep during a movie in the theatre?
3) If you could be some sort fast-food related royalty, would you be Burger King, Dairy Queen, or some sort of duke of french fries?
4) What is the most number of blankets you’ve ever had on your bed?
5) If you could go into any fictional world, which one would you choose?
7) Which do you think is the prettiest national flag (besides your own)?
8) What is your favourite part about blogging?
9) What’s your least favourite part?
10) Do you think “favourite” looks better with a “u” or without one?
11) Did you realize I skipped #6?
D) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1) I’m a Christian. Not any particular denomination, I just try to love everybody.
2) I have created two languages, but I can’t speak them.
3) People who don’t know me think I’m quiet. My friends know I’m crazy.
4) I have had a beard almost continuously since 2000. I plan to still have one when I die (not that I’m planning my death or anything.)
5) If I could be any element, I’d be Tungsten, because it’s also called Wolfram, and that’s just cool.
6) I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a Twinkie, and I won’t be sad if I never do.
7) The first novel I ever finished was about a guy who secretly slept under an old woman’s kitchen sink, in order to save on rent.
8) Except for a three-month period in 2000, I have always lived on either the top or bottom floor of whatever building I have lived in.
9) One of my goals is to read The Hobbit in five languages. English, Korean and French down, just Spanish and Japanese to go.
10) I hate going to bed and I hate getting up. I have a strong sense of inertia.
11) Some of my students call me “baby” because that’s what “David” sounds like when said with a Korean pronunciation.
E) To answer the 11 questions asked by I am Super Istar:
1) What can you say about dreams? They’re often fantastical, often disturbing, and usually forgotten.
2) Who would you want to marry, someone you love or someone who loves you? I married my wife, because I loved her (I still do).
3) Have you ever spoken to a real stranger and got a real life message from them? Possibly, I can’t remember. Hopefully the message wasn’t “Don’t forget what I say next.”
4) If the sky is not blue, what color would you like it to be? Maybe purple?
5) If you hate your name, what would you name yourself if you could speak by day 1? I like my name. It fits me.
6) Would you rather be tall or small? I’m over six feet, but I’ve thought it would be cool to be 7 feet tall. Until I think about flying coach.
7) What is your favorite work of art or song? One of my favorite songs is 진달래꽃(Azalea), by Maya.
8) Who do you love the most? God, unless you mean just people, and then, my wife.
9) If given the chance, would you rather visit the past or take a peek at your future? I don’t want to know the future. Since the city I live in is 1000 years old, I’d like to go see what that was like before modern times.
10) What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Turn off my alarm and set it for 10-15 minutes later.
11) Create your own quote to live by. Never stop exploring. Just because you’re on the right track doesn’t mean you’re at the end of the path.
F) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure that you notify the blogger that you nominated them.