Today the 10th installment of “Alone on a Boat” came out . It is a collaborative story between Sharmishtha Basu and myself. Please read the latest chapter (and all the previous ones) here at Sharmistha’s blog:
Our heroine, Angelique is quite a spunky girl. We know this because she’s 20 and sailing around the world by herself. I’m curious what you would have done in her situation. Take my quiz, then find out how close you are to Angelique.
1. You are sailing your boat and see a man floating in the water, clinging to wreckage. Do you:
- Pick him up (I only pick up hitchhikers in the middle of the ocean)
- Throw at Coke bottle at his head as you sail by (Shipwrecked? Ain’t nobody got time for that)
- Call the police and hope they find him in time (I want to help, but not THAT much)
- Pick him up, then hold him for ransom (Money, money, money…)
2. You are kidnapped by two men who have you tied up in your bedroom. Do you:
- Take a nap (Getting kidnapped is tiring)
- Cry and act helpless (Yay, I’m a damsel in distress!)
- Get the distress beacon from the bedside table (I’m a Lara Croft wannabe)
- Tell them your father is rich and will ransom you (Money solves all problems)
3. Your kidnappers have taken you to a jungle temple and you’ve just seen them get eaten by a huge monster. Do you:
- Scream your lungs out, alerting the monster to your occasion. (WWABGIAHMD: What Would A Blond Girl In A Horror Movie Do?)
- Take a nap. (Hey, that was a long hike through the jungle)
- Run away (Duh…)
- Grab the kidnapper’s fallen machete and go Bruce Willis on that monster (I’m sick of these **** monsters in this **** temple!)
4. You come across a strange man in the woods who says he’ll help you. Do you:
- Kill him. (Don’t mess around: I believe in Stranger Danger)
- Go with him. (You’re desperate. Gotta take the chance).
- Tie him up and leave him as monster bait (Better him than you)
- Ask him if he has a phone so you can call someone else (I need help, but I’m picky)
5. You find yourself in a temple filled with gold and gems. You’ve been warned that if you steal anything, you’ll be hunted down.
- Get your running shoes on, grab the biggest gem and and start sprinting. (High school gym class, don’t fail me now)
- Make a note of the temple’s coordinates to come back later with dynamite. (With Lara Croft AND Indiana Jones)
- Take a nap (Treasure makes you sleepy)
- Don’t take anything (Are you crazy? You saw the kidnappers get slaughtered)
Okay, tabulate your answers. Angelique’s actions were: 1, 3, 3, 2, 4. If you chose any of the other choices, you are most likely sociopathic, insanely greedy, or possibly narcoleptic.
If you haven’t read the story yet and want to catch up, click here.
August 9th, 2013 at 9:52 pm
I got 2 1 4 4 2.
August 12th, 2013 at 3:37 pm
I think I will do what Angelique did but some of the other options are so tempting!!!!
August 14th, 2013 at 9:59 am
This might be a technicality, but if I am tied to my own bed, have I really been kidnapped? I haven’t read the whole story, so maybe it’s explained (or maybe my definition of “kidnapped” is wrong). Also, I only attack monsters if my name is Conan of Cimmeria and there’s a scantily clad hot chick about to be devoured.
August 27th, 2013 at 8:14 pm
same options, but nap sounds so tempting. How long has it been since she slept peacefully.
August 27th, 2013 at 11:13 pm
yeah, really. Just in the temple, although I’m sure she’d still be pretty tired.